Types of Home Care Professionals

Fidelity Health Care’s skilled home care professionals are ready to help you.

Home Care Nurses

Our skilled nurses are specially trained registered nurses or licensed practical nurses who will make visits to your home to help care for you. This care includes skilled assessments, health education, self-care techniques for you and your caregivers, and procedures such as IV and wound care.

Home Care Aides

We strive to help you regain your independence and previous level of functioning. Home care aides are members of the health care team who, under the guidance of your case manager, provide individualized personal care. They can assist you with day-to-day activities until you can safely manage on your own.

Social Workers

Our team of social workers helps patients and families solve problems that may arise as a result of illness, injury, or advancing age. They will visit you at your home to help with long-term care planning, financial and insurance issues, and end-of-life care planning. They also will connect you with available resources in the community to get you additional help.

Home Care Therapists

Physical therapists will work with you to improve your mobility so that you are safe in your home and community. If you’ve had joint replacement, our physical therapists will help you get back your strength and balance, and help you manage your condition as you improve.

Occupational therapists help you restore the movement you had prior to your illness/injury/surgery so that you can regain everyday skills like bathing, dressing, reaching, getting in and out of chair or car, and using the phone, television, and computer.

Speech therapists are specially trained to assess and treat difficulties with communication, producing or understanding speech or language, thinking, and swallowing.

Vestibular therapists help if your vestibular system is damaged and you are experiencing vertigo, dizziness, visual disturbances, and/or problems with your balance. They can help you regain control of your balance and help your dizziness and other symptoms to subside.

Respiratory therapists can help if you have difficulty breathing or are suffering from chronic lung disease. They’ll teach you how to manage your condition and show you how to use equipment like oxygen concentrators and related equipment, CPAP/BiPAP machines, nebulizers, and other respiratory assist devices.

Contact Us

We are here to help. To find out more, to speak with a Fidelity Health Care nurse, or to obtain home care supplies and medical equipment, call (937) 208-6400(937) 208-6400 or toll-free (800) 946-6344(800) 946-6344 or contact us online.